Closing Announcement from the Board
The Center for Working Families Board of Directors voted to permanently cease operations on January 9, 2018. The board made this decision after careful review of the organization’s finances, programs and sustainability. The board also issued the following statement:
We are incredibly proud of the work done by The Center for Working Families since its inception in 2005. Through the tireless work of the staff, partners, funders and community, the organization ensured residents of NPU V enjoyed greater opportunities to achieve the American Dream: a job with dignity, a stable home and even better opportunities for their children.
How to Contact TCWFI
Effective February 4, the organization will no longer monitor email addresses at tcwfi.org and the organization’s new mailing address is 931 Monroe Drive NE, Suite 102 PMB 564; Atlanta GA 30308.
Information for those seeking services
- Tax Prep Assistance
- Access United Way VITA program by calling 211 or visiting https://www.unitedwayatlanta.org/program/vita/
- Public Benefits Counseling (TANF, food stamps, childcare etc)
- Job Training, Employment Readiness, Job Placement and Coaching Programs
- Goodwill Industries https://goodwillng.org/training-programs/ or 844-344-9675
- Tuition free training at Atlanta Technical College. https://www.atlantatech.edu/applynow/tuition-free-programs/ or 404-225-4400
- Contact Atlanta Center for Self Sufficiency at https://atlantacss.org/services or 404-874-8001
- Assistance with additional job training resources, emergency financial needs, or health insurance
- United Way 211: http://211online.unitedwayatlanta.org/ or call 211
Information about this website
This website was last updated on February 4, 2019 and will not be updated again. The organization anticipates the website will go offline in September 2019.