STRIVE Job Readiness Training
Nationally recognized, 4-week work readiness training program designed to help participants enter, re-enter or advance in the workplace. STRIVE’s “tough love” approach helps build confidence for the job search and determine individual employment goals. Includes basic Digital / Financial Literacy skills.
Our core program is modeled on the 30+ years of STRIVE International’s proven record of successful training, job placement and job retention among unemployed or under employed populations. TCWFI is Georgia’s only STRIVE affiliate.
People are referred to us by organizations in Atlanta including Integrity CDC through Westside Works. They are 18 to 62 years old who have suffered hardship and major setbacks, sometimes through no fault of their own.
All STRIVE participants receive ongoing support from coaches, who helps find solutions to any issues that might prevent successful graduation.
Graduation from STRIVE Training is a pre-requisite for enrollment in the in-house hard skills training programs of Certified Nurse Training and Microsoft Office Operations. Referrals to other programs require graduation as well.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Three-week course designed to prepare participants for entry-level positions in healthcare. Training includes classroom work and practical exercises in a simulated medical setting. All graduates are eligible to sit for the State CNA exam.
Microsoft Office Operations
Six-week course focused on core Microsoft applications, with emphasis on Word and Excel to meet marketplace demands. Graduates who qualify take the Microsoft Specialist certification exam, which can assist in securing employment with a higher level of pay.
Interested candidates can register for orientation for one of the above trainings HERE!
Construction Ready at TCWFI
In partnership with Construction Education Foundation of Georgia (CEFGA), our four-week construction training program prepares individuals for employment in the construction industry. Covering soft and hard skills, Construction Ready at TCWFI equips participants with the fundamental tools, long term supports and access to jumpstart a careers in Atlanta’s leading growth industry. Successful program graduates will be placed in current construction projects including the Mercedes Benz Stadium, Turner Field redevelopment, Atlanta BeltLine and others.
Interested candidates can APPLY NOW!
Family Economic Success Continuum
TCWFI is a part of the safety net vulnerable families need to break the cycle of poverty and achieve self-sufficiency. We help our participants reach their goals by offering one-on-one individual Coaching and through a Two Generation Approach.
Coaching: Our Coaches play a mentor role to better prepare participants for business endeavors and life situations. Each graduate of a training program is matched with a full-time Coach. Services include:
- Developing indivdualized Progression Plans;
- Job search assistance and referrals to a network of employment partners;
- Job readiness supports such as resume/cover letter development, interview skills training;
- Access to asset building supports, financial literacy classes and counseling on homeownership, banking, credit, and legacy planning;
- Access to a Peer Learning Network for enhanced networking and motivational growth opportunities; and
- Referrals for comprehensive services including childcare, training, education and certifications, rental assistance and legal assistance
- Access to all TCWFI supportive services
Two Generation Approach (2G): Utilizing a two generational approach focused on creating positive outcomes for both parent and child simultaneously, our 2Gen parents receive the following services:
- All services and support related to Coaching
- DECAL child care subsidy
- Healthcare Navigator
- Co-coaching in partnership with Sheltering Arms Dunbar (Educare)
- Social capital opportunities
Lead Safe Atlanta
In partnership with the City of Atlanta, we provide free lead inspections and assessments. We are aware that lead poison is hazardous and harmful to young children and even adults. High levels of Lead being inhaled in the body is very dangerous and our Lead Team is dedicated to fight against Lead to make your family healthy and safe.
How to Qualify:
- Do you own or rent in the City of Atlanta?
- Was your home built before 1978?
- Are children present in the home under the age of 6?