Job Readiness | 4 weeks | Monday – Thursday | 9am – 3pm
Our Job Readiness course empowers participants to make focused, informed decisions aligned with their personal goals. Through a series of instructional workshops and personal development activities, Job Readiness strengthens participants’ leadership abilities, personal and professional images, and individual and family pictures of wellness. Job Readiness also covers topics including work/life balance, coping with challenges in the work place, effective communication, critical thinking and more. Additionally, this course includes a Computer Literacy series; focused on helping participants become proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Through a series of combined interactive, instructor-led and web-based training in TCWFI’s state of the art computer lab, we assist participants in learning new skills and sharpen existing skills.
Interested candidates can register for orientation HERE!
Construction Ready at TCWFI | 4 weeks | Monday – Friday | 9am – 5pm
In partnership with Construction Education Foundation of Georgia (CEFGA), our four-week construction training program prepares individuals for employment in the construction industry. Covering soft and hard skills, Construction Ready at TCWFI equips participants with the fundamental tools, long term supports and access to jumpstart a careers in Atlanta’s leading growth industry. Successful program graduates will be placed in current construction projects including the Mercedes Benz Stadium, Atlanta BeltLine and others.
Interested candidates can APPLY NOW!
Family Economic Success Continuum
TCWFI is a part of the safety net vulnerable families need to break the cycle of poverty and achieve self-sufficiency. We help our participants reach their goals by offering one-on-one individual Coaching and through a Two Generation Approach.
Coaching: Our Coaches play a mentor role to better prepare participants for business endeavors and life situations. Each graduate of a training program is matched with a full-time Coach. Services include:
- Developing indivdualized Progression Plans;
- Job search assistance and referrals to a network of employment partners;
- Job readiness supports such as resume/cover letter development, interview skills training;
- Access to asset building supports, financial literacy classes and counseling on homeownership, banking, credit, and legacy planning;
- Access to a Peer Learning Network for enhanced networking and motivational growth opportunities; and
- Referrals for comprehensive services including childcare, training, education and certifications, rental assistance and legal assistance
- Access to all TCWFI supportive services
Two Generation Approach (2G): Utilizing a two generational approach focused on creating positive outcomes for both parent and child simultaneously, our 2Gen parents receive the following services:
- All services and support related to Coaching
- DECAL child care subsidy
- Healthcare Navigator
- Co-coaching in partnership with Sheltering Arms Dunbar (Educare)
- Social capital opportunities
Lead Safe Atlanta
In partnership with the City of Atlanta, we provide free lead inspections and assessments. We are aware that lead poison is hazardous and harmful to young children and even adults. High levels of Lead being inhaled in the body is very dangerous and our Lead Team is dedicated to fight against Lead to make your family healthy and safe.
How to Qualify:
- Do you own or rent in the City of Atlanta?
- Was your home built before 1978?
- Are children present in the home under the age of 6?