The Center for Working Families is pleased to offer enrollment for Construction Ready at TCWFI, a four-week, full-time program that will equip individuals with the skills, tools, supports and access to employment in Atlanta’s leading growth industry. In partnership with the Construction Education Foundation of Georgia (CEFGA), the program has developed an employer network of over 40 of Atlanta’s top construction and safety companies. Graduates have been placed in employment at Mercedes Benz Stadium, Atlanta Beltline, State Farm Headquarters and other local and national projects.
- Must be unemployed or underemployed (20 hours per week or less)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 pounds
- Must consent to a criminal background check
- (Having a criminal background will not automatically disqualify an applicant from participation)
- Must pass a drug test
- Must pass a Test of Adult Basic Education
1. Apply online or contact Nikki Hall, Intake & Eligibility Coordinator at (404) 230-7124 or via email at email@example.com.
2. Attend one mandatory Information Session.
All info sessions are from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM at TCWFI. During the Info Session you will be required to take the T.A.B.E test and must score at least 6.0 for your overall score.
Info Session Location:
The Center for Working Families (TCWFI)
(inside the Dunbar Neighborhood Recreation Center)
477 Windsor Street, Suite 101
Atlanta, GA 30312
3. Register with Georgia Work Ready https://www.workreadyga.org/vosnet/Default.aspx
4. Register with your local Work Source Board based on the county that you live in. The Intake & Eligibility Coordinator will help you determine which WorkSource Board you must register with.
5. Submit all required documents
6. Attend appointment/orientation with your WorkSource office.
Must be produced prior to program start.
- State ID or Driver’s License
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of Income
- Resume (a draft is acceptable)