The Center for Working Families is pleased to open enrollment for the third cohort of Construction Ready at TCWFI, a four-week, full-time program that will equip individuals with the skills, tools, supports and access to employment in Atlanta’s leading growth industry. Classes will begin Monday, January 23, 2017. In partnership with the Construction Education Foundation of Georgia (CEFGA), the program has developed an employer network of over 40 of Atlanta’s top construction and safety companies. Graduates have been placed in employment at Mercedes Benz Stadium, Atlanta Beltline, State Farm Headquarters and other local and national projects.
- Must be unemployed or underemployed (20 hours per week or less)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 pounds
- Must consent to a criminal background check
- (Having a criminal background will not automatically disqualify an applicant from participation)
- Must pass a drug test
- Must pass a Test of Adult Basic Education
1. Apply online via the application below.
2. Attend one mandatory info session at TCWFI on Tuesday, Dec 13 | Thursday, Dec 15th | Wednesday, Jan 4th | Friday, Jan 6th | Tuesday, Jan 10th | Thursday, Jan 12th. All info sessions are from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM at TCWFI. You will be scheduled to take the Test of Adult Basic Education during the info session if you have not done so within the last year.
Info Session Location:
The Center for Working Families
477 Windsor Street, Suite 101
Atlanta, GA 30312
Must be produced prior to program start.
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of Income
- State ID or Driver’s License
- School Transcript
- Social Security Card